A Front of House (FOH) staff member ensures quality customer service for the audience before, during and after a performance.
This is an opportunity to offer a first impression that the audience receives of the theatre. The FOH area covers the foyer/clubroom and auditorium areas. This is an opportunity to create the first impression given to the audience and to set the scene for the performance.
By law we are required to ensure two Front of House Members to be always present in the auditorium for all shows.
Responsibilities of the Front of House Manager includes:
- maintaining a list of potential volunteers with contact details for each one.
- ushering patrons to their seats, guide their movement by torchlight (if required during the performance).
- removing litter etc at the end of each performance.
- aiding evacuation in case of an emergency.
- to be located on the landing throughout the performance to provide added security and to assist audience members leaving the auditorium (including in the middle of a performance, where necessary).
- Monitoring the ladies’ toilet and checking supplies of toilet roll and paper towels.
- Monitoring sale of programmes on the landing and ensure cash is handed to bar staff.
Ideally, long-term for a season at least.
Organisational skills to maintain the database. Interpersonal skills – e.g. tact and diplomacy – to work with volunteers and audience members.
Outgoing and friendly.