They say there’s no show without Punch. Not strictly true, but there is certainly no show without actors. They are a crucial part of every play!
Acting takes dedication and hard work, and here at Partington we aim to encourage and nurture everyone who desires to be on stage.
Actors audition for each play we perform, and then attend rehearsals for six weeks prior to the show. With the exception of Panto, all shows run for 6 days. Panto is currently a 10 day run; we are planning to increase this for the 2023/24 season to 12 days.
Responsibilities of the Actor include:
- Turn up to rehearsals fed, washed, clean and ready to act.
- Attend all rehearsals on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and there are Tech and Dress Rehearsals on the final Thursday and Sunday prior to the show. Each show is usually a 7 week commitment, panto is longer.
- Learn lines – get ‘Off Book’.
- Be motivated to develop characters both at home and within a group setting.
- Question the underlying motivations of your character.
- Project your voice to hit the back of the Theatre.
- Make the audience believe your character portrayal.
Each show is usually a 7 week commitment, panto is longer. It is crucial to be available for all rehearsals and show dates.
Demonstrate a true commitment to being the best performer you can be!
Able to take direction and willing to work as part of a team.